Mechanical Design Engineer
May 2, 2018
We are currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to work with Thyson on a permanent staff basis at our offices in Ellesmere Port.
Provide technical support to sales, undertake design activities and deliver design dossiers complete with CAD drawings, appraise quotations for materials/components, liaison with suppliers, clients and third party consultants including design Approvers/Appraisers, provision of technical support to the PDT including contractors, ensure the design elements of the programme are completed on time and designs are drawn-up in accordance with the TTL, Client, IGE or applicable external specifications/standards and reviewed/approved by the Design Lead. Undertake additional general duties as required.
- Providing technical discipline to delivering mechanical/process designs for various projects, including piping skids, pressure let down and metering modular packages.
- Providing the technical discipline to deliver engineering solutions for piping engineering projects.
- Support to the sales team in the form of design proposals, project costings for tenders and responses to technical queries.
- Discipline lead, delivering mechanical/process designs for piping skids, pressure let down and metering modular packages, within a multi-disciplinary team made up of, Civil, Control & Instrumentation and Electrical Engineers in the field of petrochemical pipework/pipeline on a by-project basis.
- Preparation of detailed design reports, specifications, component datasheets, engineering calculations, approval of supplier engineering reports, calculations drawings etc.
- End to end design, ensure compliance with current TTL, Client and IGE specifications / standards and all relevant legislation.
- Technical Support from a Mechanical / Process perspective to all Project Teams re: Design, Procurement, Assembly, Testing, Installation, Commissioning & Documentation packages.
- Develop, review, and take responsibility for the accuracy of detailed calculations, process engineering datasheets and drawings to specify the process engineering requirements of our projects.
- Remain up to date with the latest technical developments in your fields of expertise.
- Demonstrate, provide and develop appropriate technical solutions for specific project issues.
- Provide technical expertise and support to business winning activity as required.
- Review and audit process engineering activity on projects and support internal development and continuous improvement activity as required.
- Ensure the delivery of challenging project and client targets using sound technical knowledge and decision making skills.
- Mentoring, coaching and development of junior staff
- Ensure TTL, Client, Health/Safety/Environmental and Quality procedures are followed and that a high standard of safety is achieved in all associated work.
- Lead, coordinate and motivate small teams, plan work and provide clear technical direction.
- Balance commercial and technical risk using acquired commercial acumen.
- Seek the opportunity for corporate and project improvement and developing solutions
- Attends meetings as required and provides progress reports.
- Client Liaison.
- Manage and report the delivery of project designs, drawings and associated records.
- If requested by the Engineering Manager provide support with accident/incident investigations, as required by the Incident Reporting and Investigation procedure.
- Communicate Good Practice to other projects with reference to the Performance Improvement Procedure.
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
- Assist in the implementation of the TTL Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures.
- Perform any job-related activities as requested by the immediate supervisor/manager.
- Degree qualified preferred
- HNC/HND in Design
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Ability to focus and meet tight deadlines.
- Organised and methodical drawing/document control.
- Competent in the use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Oil & Gas engineering background
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, AMTECH or Microstation
Start date: ASAP
If you’re keen to find out more about current vacancies and contracts at Thyson Technology, please get in touch with David Ridley , Head of Manpower:
T: 0151 355 5594
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.