Process Design Engineer
January 3, 2018
We are currently seeking an experienced Process Design Engineer to join our growing team in Ellesmere Port on a permanent staff basis.
Undertake design of analytical sample systems (Analyser House, Sample conditioning system which includes process, and instrumentation design). Work and prepare CAD drawings through CAD department, appraise quotations for materials/components, liaison with clients, third party consultants & suppliers, provision of technical support, ensure the design elements of the program completed on time and designs are drawn-up in accordance applicable specifications/standards. Additional general duties as required.
- Design and specify analyser systems
- Design of sample conditioning systems for liquid and gas systems
- Design of Analyser Houses/ Shelters which includes single/multiple analysers and sample conditioning systems.
- Carry out detailed calculations – Dew Point, Response Time, Sizing of restrictors, Sizing of relief valves, Sizing the flowmeters, Pressure drop, electrical load, sizing the cables, sizing the breakers, sizing distribution boards
- Write functional & technical specifications for Analyser equipment
- Vendor selection and review vendor proposals
- Working in multi-disciplinary team on Oil & Gas projects
- Manage and report the delivery of project drawings and associated records.
- Mentor and direct Junior Engineers in the department
- Attend meetings as required and provides progress updates.
- Assist the commissioning team on testing of the analyser during FAT and site as and when required.
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
- Assist in the implementation of the TTL Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures.
- The following qualifications are desirable;
- Bachelor degree in a relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer (Applicable to discipline, e.g. – Member of the Institution of Measurement and Control, – MIET – Member of the Institution Engineering and Technology, – Member Institute of Eng Designers, – Member of the Institution of Engineering Technology (IET) Formally (IEE) Institute Electrical Engineers
- Competent in the use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Awareness of Control and Electrical Design preferred.
- Experience in equipment engineering specifications and standards
- Organised and methodical drawing/document control.
- Confidence and ability to develop designs
- Knowledge of build processes.
- Awareness of the regulations and standards applicable to analytical, sample, electrical, mechanical and control systems.
- Display good commercial awareness.
- Sound knowledge of physical methods of analysis and sample handling systems and operating principles of process online analysers for qualitative and quantitative assessment. Typically – Gas Chromatographs – Ph, Conductivity, Silica, Na Analysers – RVP Analysers – H2S Hydrocarbon Analysers
- Familiarity with Small Bore Pipe Work Systems.
- Proven working experience as an Analyser Engineer
- Working knowledge and experience of DSEAR and ATEX
- Ideally experience of working within the utilities, process, oil & gas, petrochemical, power, steel or pharmaceutical industry.
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable DOE + additional benefits
If you’re keen to find out more about current vacancies and contracts at Thyson Technology, please get in touch with David Ridley , Head of Manpower:
T: 0151 355 5594
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to email@example.com.