October 9, 2018
We are currently seeking an experienced Service Manager to join Thyson Technology on a permanent staff basis.
Responsible for the departments P&L, the budgetary process, and manage costs in line with the agreed budget or revised forecast. Commercial and management support to assist the Service Engineers, Service Sales Engineer and Service Administrator when required.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of the service strategy, taking specific responsibility for growth and development of client service provision and ‘new build’ projects, test, inspect and commission.
- Maintain & develop the commercial activities associated with new service management contracts.
- Deliver the staff management activities for all personnel within the department (including appraisals and personal development plans).
- Increase revenue generation by developing new customers and adding to our existing customer base.
- Capitalise on new opportunities to develop new revenue streams from existing customers by working with the sales team.
- To ensure all project commissioning phases are delivered to the contracted schedule(s).
- Maintain the technical expertise of the department through regular team development/training activities.
- Ensure the provision of client technical training on the specific deployed technologies.
- To be a member of the management team, support the overall business budgetary process, and manage costs in line with the agreed budget or revised forecast.
- Produce timely management reports on the performance of the department inclusive of OTIF and revenue performance.
- Understand the full-service contract scope across all customers.
- Manage and Plan effective utilisation of the service schedule activity.
- Manage re-contract negotiation and administration.
- Chair customer reviews on service performance.
- Comply with the organisation’s QA and SHE systems and support required updates as the business develops.
- Interface with the Sales & Engineering team to manage the business resource requirements.
- Contribute to management team activities.
- To provide mentoring and coaching for the Service sales staff.
- Undertake any duties within skill set as required.
- May be required to attend site or off-site meetings.
- Required to attend training courses relevant to the position and in order to provide internal/external training.
- HNC/HND in Engineering or relevant equivalent.
- MBA/BSc (HONS) in Engineering or Business Management (preferred).
- 5 years experience of business development within the Gas, Energy or Utilities sector.
- 5 years supervisory/management experience of a department.
- 2 years managing a department within the UK Energy or Utilities sector.
- Broad experience of managing various measurement and component technologies in the field or Laboratory.
- Competency in Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Competent in electrical and instrumentation.
- Own vehicle for site travel.
- Good numeric and analytical skill.
- Good working knowledge of instrumentation, temperature, pressure, flow, level.
- Process Analyser experience preferred but not essential
Start date: ASAP
Salary: Negotiable DOE + additional benefits
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a copy of your latest CV to David Ridley – Head of Manpower on email@example.com or give us a call confidentially on 0151 355 5594
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.