October 4, 2018
We are currently seeking an experienced Software Engineer to work with Thyson on a permanent staff basis at our offices in Ellesmere Port.
Creation of software code and detailed design packs based on customer requirements and/or hardware design pack information. Liaison with clients and third party’s for design acceptance and approval. Provide project technical support and other duties as required.
- Development of software code based on technical specifications and customer requirements.
- Creation of software design documentation packages and input into multi discipline documentation.
- Technical support to various disciplines with hardware selection.
- Test and commission Software.
- Ownership of the software and associated documentation through its full life-cycle.
- Modification of existing software and regression testing.
- Support service team with software issues.
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
- Assist in the implementation of the TTL Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures.
- Engineering/Computer related or appropriate engineering qualification (degree/HND) or comparable industrial experience.
- Proficient in the use of Siemens SIMATIC STEP 7
- Proficient in the use of IEC-61131-3 PLC Programming languages.
- Proficient in object oriented programming concepts.
- Proficient in SQL and database design concepts.
- Ability to read and understand CAD Drawings.
- Good Numeracy skills.
- General knowledge of common automation protocols (Modbus, Profibus, Profinet, OPC, DH+, BSAP).
- Awareness of the regulations and standards applicable to oil & gas and industrial control systems.
- Understanding of TCP/IP and industrial networking interfaces.
- Understanding of serial RS232/422/485 interfaces.
- Understanding of C&I concepts related to control system development (4-20ma loops, 1-5v , voltage free contacts, tripamps, , I/P converters etc).
- Broad awareness of industrial engineering principles.
- Flexible approach to working.
- Hard working and efficient.
- Logical approach to problem solving.
Start date: ASAP
If you’re keen to find out more about current vacancies and contracts at Thyson Technology, please get in touch with David Ridley , Head of Manpower:
T: 0151 355 5594
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to email@example.com.