August 21, 2023
Location: TTL Ellesmere Port & Project Sites
Key Objectives: The principal function of this position
The Project Manager is responsible for delivering the project. The Project Manager leads and manages the project team, with the authority and responsibility to run the project on a day-to-day basis.
Key Responsibilities: The priorities of this role include:
- Designing and applying an appropriate project management framework for the project (using relevant project standards).
- Managing the production of the required deliverables.
- Planning and monitoring the project.
- Adopting any delegation and use of project assurance roles within agreed reporting structures.
- Preparing and maintaining the Project Plan (or Project Execution Plan), Stage and Exception Plans as required.
- Manage project risks, including the development of contingency plans.
- Liaison with programme management (if the project is part of a programme) and related projects to ensure that work is neither overlooked nor duplicated.
- Overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Change control and any required configuration management.
- Reporting through agreed reporting lines on project progress through Highlight Reports and stage assessments.
- Liaison with appointed project assurance roles to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project.
- Adopting technical and quality strategy.
- Identifying and obtain any support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project.
- Managing project administration.
- Conducting end project evaluation to assess how well the project was managed and preparing and end-project report.
- Preparing any follow-on action recommendations as required
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
- Assist in the implementation of the TTL Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures. Top management assign the responsibility and authority to Departmental and Process Managers to ensure that the processes are delivering their intended outputs as per the requirements of ISO 9001:2015 Clause 5.3 b). The QEMS Manager, Departmental and Process Managers shall report progress updates to the Senior Management Team via Meetings and reporting streams in accordance with ISO 9001:2015 Clause 5.3 b) & c) and ISO 14001:2015 Clause 5.3 b).
- Top management assign the responsibility and authority to the QEMS Manager, the Departmental and Process Managers for ensuring that the integrity of the quality management system is maintained when changes to the quality management system are planned and implemented.
Academic qualifications/level of education
- The Project Manager should be appropriately trained in project management techniques and processes.
- Qualified to degree or equivalent. (Desirable)
Specific Skills: (e.g. IT, technical,HGV licence)
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven leadership, team working and project management skills.
- Effective negotiation skills
Knowledge(e.g. of particular IT package, industry standards, commercial awareness)
- Strong IT and pro-active communication (written and oral) and the ability to produce clear, concise and accurate reports/presentations
Competencies/Attributes: (e.g. relevant qualities or characteristics such as leadership, relationship building, calm under pressure).
- Evidence of extensive experience in delivering collaborative projects.
- Broad engineering background including the design and development of process systems. (Desirable)
- Procurement and contract negotiation in an innovative technology role. · Budgeting, forecasting and cost control.
- Project risk management.
Experience: (e.g. highways, joint ventures, handling customer complaints, team development).
- The Project Manager will have a proven track record of delivering projects from inception to handover.
- Demonstrable evidence of managing teams of multi-disciplinary professionals and supply chain staff.
- Competent in the analysis of performance shortfalls and the implementation of corrective actions.
- Experience in managing internal and external stakeholders at senior levels. Ideally experience of working within the utilities, process, oil & gas, petrochemical, power, steel or pharmaceutical industry
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.