Project Design Engineer
August 15, 2023
Location: TTL Ellesmere Port & Project Sites
- Managing and delivering analytical/instrument and electrical projects, including Electrical, Control and Instrumentation Design.
- Technical Support from an E,C & I perspective to all Project Teams re: Procurement, Installation, Commissioning.
- Ensure compliance with T/PM/RE/18.
- End to end design, ensure compliance with current TTL, National Grid and IGE specifications/standards and all relevant legislation.
- Supervision of dedicated CAD resource
- Attends meetings as required and provides progress reports.
- Liaise with the appointed CDM Coordinator on any CDM related issue.
- Client Liaison (Infrequent).
- Maintain the NRO register.
- Manage and report the delivery of project drawings and associated records.
- If requested by the Project Manager support with accident/incident investigations, as required by the Incident Reporting and Investigation procedure NGUK/PM/INV/1.
- Communicate Good Practice to other projects with reference to the Performance Improvement Procedure (NGUK/Con/BP178G)
- Responsible for their own health and safety and that of others and undertake the obligations as defined within the TTL H&S Manual.
- Assist in the implementation of the TTL Quality Assurance, Environmental Management System, abide and promote its Policies and Procedures.
Academic Qualifications/Level of Education:
- Hold an HNC Electrical/Electronic Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer (Applicable to discipline, e.g.
- Member of the Institution of Measurement and Control,
- MIET – Member of the Institution Engineering and Technology,
- Member Institute of Eng Designers,
- Member of the Institution of Engineering Technology (IET) Formally (IEE) Institute Electrical Engineers
- CompEx (Check for limitations on certificate)
- 17th Regs C&G Elec Inst BS7671:2008 (2382-10)
- Completion of Parent Company Induction
- National Grid Formal Induction
- Induction into and awareness of local place of work / surroundings
- Site Specific Environmental Induction
- CCNGG/CSCS/EUSR Cross-Country Pipeline
- CDM 2007 Legislation Awareness
- CDM 2007 Temporary Works Awareness
- Work At Height
- NG DVD ‘Watch Your Waste’ 2hrs
Specific Skills e.g. IT, technical, HGV licence
- TTL Company Induction.
- Competent in the use of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Competency within AMTECH Electrical Design.
Knowledge e.g. of particular IT package, industry standards, commercial awareness.
- Knowledge of Bentley Micro station.
- Organised and methodical drawing/document control.
- Confidence and ability to develop designs from an E, C & I perspective through to construction approval.
- Able to ensure compliance with current TTL, National Grid and IGE specifications/standards and all relevant legislation including specific British/European Standards/Regulations re: BS7671.
- Detailed knowledge of a range of composite materials.
- Knowledge of build processes.
- Awareness of the regulations and standards applicable to analytical, sample, electrical, mechanical and control systems.
- Display good commercial awareness.
- Familiarity with Small Bore Pipe Work Systems.
Competencies/Attributes e.g. relevant qualities or characteristics such as leadership, relationship building, calm under pressure.
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams and electrical drawings.
- Can work effectively as part of a team.
- Can handle responsibility.
- Hard working and efficient.
- Resilient when faced with new challenges.
- Tolerant of uncertainty.
- Procurement and contract negotiation in an innovative technology role.
- Budgeting, forecasting and cost control.
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Ability to focus and meet tight deadlines.
Experience e.g. highways, joint ventures, handling customer complaints, team development.
- Ideally experience of working within the utilities, process, oil & gas, petrochemical, power, steel or pharmaceutical industry.
- Broad engineering background.
For more information about this role, and to apply, please send your CV and a covering note to firstname.lastname@example.org.